These are the rules and guidelines about sending cards to our organization.
Follow this blog for all updates and information for new sessions (there will be a new session every 3 weeks).
Step 1: Sign up for a session by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name, location (province and area/city), and how many cards you are going to make.
Step 2: We will send you the address where you will ship to. There will be addresses in main parts of the country for easy accessibility. We will also send you the Card Labels and Shipping Form.
Step 3: Make your cards! (Follow guidelines and rules below!) Add the labels and fill out the form.
Step 4: Ship your box of cards to the address provided. Make sure your form is inside!
Step 5: THE DEADLINE IS WHEN YOUR CARDS HAVE TO BE SHIPPED OUT, NOT MADE.
Make sure you make the deadline, so we can send out those cards!
1) When sending a box of cards, please print, fill out and include a Shipping Form in your package.
2) Write "Cards for Canadian Soldiers" on the back of each card you make OR print our Card Labels, cut them out and adhere them to the back of each card. Every card MUST have this label or written name so the soldiers and families know where it came from!
3) Donations are NOT ACCEPTED unless you are shipping to Southern Ontario (our "headquarters")
4) If you include envelopes for your cards, do not seal them please!
Guidelines for Cards:
1) A2 sized cards only, which are 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
2) Envelopes (if you choose to include them) should only by A2 sized.
3) Always put white paper liners on the inside of every card (both top & bottom of inside, so the soldiers have lots of room to write!)
4) No glitter!!!
5) No large embellishments, simple is best.
6) Types of Cards: Missing You, Thank you, Love You, Anniversary, Birthday, and General cards. During holiday times, (Christmas, Valentines, etc.) we will tell you to send themed cards. Please NO Baby, Get Well Soon, etc.
For more information or if you'd like to make a comment or ask a question, e-mail us!!